Click on the green "Products" button to view some of my most requested items.

To place an order, please email me at amandagreed@yahoo.com.

CASH IS PREFERRED, BUT CHECKS AND PAYPAL ARE ALSO ACCEPTED.
PAYMENT IS DUE PRIOR TO START OF PROJECT.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Babushka Painted Glass...

So do you remember this bedding from Avalea's baby registry a few months back? Maybe, maybe not. No, I am not going to start sewing bedding... Avalea's mom asked me to create some art for her room to complement the bedding. She had these two antique window frames with natural distressing, paint peeling...

So I had the bright idea to have glass reinstalled in the frames and then paint on them. Great idea, huh? But I'm not so sure what I was thinking; glass is nonporous and paint DOES NOT STICK TO GLASS! I know this, I just had a serious lapse in judgement!

But after hours of painting and repainting, cursing my big idea... Isn't she pretty?

She has been sitting upstairs on the landing outside my work room for a few weeks, and every time Addison came down the stairs, she would see her and point, saying, "ba!" Or "baby," to those who don't speak Addison.

And anything monogrammed makes my heart flutter!
I am so pleased with how these turned out and I wish the pictures would show them better. I had the flash turned off, but that caused all the shadows. Hopefully the pictures mommy sends me will show them off well.

5 comments:

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Too cute...I love the monogrammed frame!

Kim at Scarlett Boutique said...

These are fantastic!!! I know what you mean about painting on glass, been there, done that, made all the mistakes, ha ha!

Ashley said...

PERFECT!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!

CAMoore said...

But it's sooo perfect!

The Farrells said...

thank you thank you for taking on this HUGE task! as soon as i get the valence hung in avalea's room, i will send a picture of them hanging on the wall. they really do look AWESOME!