Click on the green "Products" button to view some of my most requested items.

To place an order, please email me at amandagreed@yahoo.com.

CASH IS PREFERRED, BUT CHECKS AND PAYPAL ARE ALSO ACCEPTED.
PAYMENT IS DUE PRIOR TO START OF PROJECT.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday, Luke!

One of my dearest college friends threw a surprise 30th birthday for her husband and asked me to create the centerpiece--this canvas! Luke is actually a St. Patty's Day baby, so it was perfect! It's kind of hard to see, but the "foam" on the beer is glittery! The inspiration for this--evidently it came to her while getting ready one morning, and she had a flashback to college days--was what I used to paint on the inside of ice chests!

I had totally forgotten about this, but I used to paint tons of ice chests for functions, and on the inside bottom, below where all the ice and assorted beverages could be found, I would draw a mug and write "Get More Beer!"

Another friend reminded me recently about the girls from other houses who would line up outside the Chi O house back door to pick up their dates' ice chests (and noone wanted to venture out to another sorority house!)! Thanks for the great memories! I wonder (1) Do they still do that anymore? Ice chests for dates, I mean... and (2) Where are all the ice chests I painted? Anyone have one in their garage?

I have to say, I felt really special when she came to pick the canvas up--she screamed and nearly jumped out of her skin! But then she emailed me and said it was going to be hung in their BREAKFAST ROOM for a few days--you can see the fabulousness it (temporarily) replaced in this picture (it will eventually move upstairs to his office, but what a place of honor)! I am so flattered and so thrilled that you are so happy!

Happy Birthday, O'Luke!

4 comments:

Mommy of M's said...

Were you a Chi O? Me too, somehow I bet you were always in charge of painting the banners....

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your blog and I LOVE your stuff! You are so talented! I am a Chi O now and YES, we still do coolers for the major functions ha. We have our "cooler girls" and they get a lot of business at the house! The bigger and fancier the better.

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

Ha! Thanks, Anonymous! I appreciate the info! Love me some Chi Os! =)

julia said...

I remember the coolers! I always tell people that's how you got your start when I'm telling them about your business... ha! Ryan's mom still has one of his in her garage, but it's not very cute.. not one of your designs.